ACPRO®—Assurance Company Protector
Quadrant recognizes the need for insurance options in the insurance company sector and offers a product with competitive coverage and pricing. Become part of the Quadrant exclusive Insurance Company Management and Professional Liability family.
Since 2004 we have specialized in writing management and professional liability for insurance companies. ACPRO is Quadrant’s exclusive product written via Verve Risk Partners (Lloyds). We strive to add value through our approach and understanding of each risk while doing our best to be responsive, answer your questions, and find solutions to your insurance needs. We look for insurance companies that are seeking a home for their management and professional liability, where all parties become part of our team of trusted partners.
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Professional Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Fiduciary Liability
- Excess limits
- Exclusive carrier product
- Limits from $1M to $5M
- Excess limits available
- Experienced underwriting & claims handling
- Individualized submission review & collaborative process
- Can write financially solvent unrated and/or Demotech rated carriers
- Coverages can be combined or purchased on a standalone basis
- Multiple wholesale markets are also available and can be used to structure excess layers
- Privately held, rated or non-rated, stock or mutual insurance companies
- Property & Casualty
- May consider Life, Accident & Health
- Alternative Risk Transfer Companies (A.R.T.):
- Risk Retention Groups (RRGs)
- Reciprocals, Exchanges & Trusts
- Combination firms such as an MGA with insurance company administration/management & claims handling packaged
AXPRO—Agents Extra Protector is designed for insurance companies that are financially strong, but are not AM Best rated or are rated lower than B++. The AM Best rating factor can sometimes discourage agents from working with an otherwise stable carrier. That is mostly because of the agent’s own professional liability policy. These professional liability policies typically have an insolvency exclusion that excludes coverage for business written with insurance companies that are not rated by AM Best or are rated lower than B++. The agents fear an underlying claim may go unpaid if the insurance company becomes bankrupt. The result could be messy and expensive for the agent. Consequently, agents may avoid writing business with some very good insurance companies that are excluded from the agent’s professional liability policy.
How does AXPRO work?
- AXPRO is purchased by qualifying insurance companies who designate the agent(s) they want to cover. Individual agents cannot purchase the coverage for themselves.
- If the insurance company becomes insolvent and cannot pay an underlying claim, the AXPRO policy will drop down to provide the agent with insolvency gap coverage.
- The insurance company can purchase the coverage for one or more agents.
- The insurance company will be provided a Certificate of Insurance naming the selected agent(s) to be protected.
- The insolvency fear is reduced, so covered agents have more incentive to write business with the purchasing insurance company.
Coverages and Highlights
- Lloyds – AM Best Rated A XV via Verve Risk Partners
- AXPRO (via a drop down endorsement)
- Excess limits may be available
- $1M limits in any one claim; up to $5M aggregate
- The coverage is first dollar, with no deductible or coinsurance. The pricing is company-specific.
- The beneficiary of the insurance policy can be adapted on a case by case basis to meet the needs of the insurance company purchasing the coverage.
- Insurance Companies that AM Best has not rated or has rated lower than B++
- Insurance Companies must be favorably reviewed by Demotech, Inc.
- Insurance Companies must have $250MM or less in annual gross written premium volume and must have a profitable history
Insurance Agents & Brokers Professional Liability
Insurance Company Management & Professional Liability
Technology E&O, Cyber/Network Security & Privacy, and Media Liability
- Completed application
- Typically we can work from a competitor’s application or you can contact us for a new application.
- Loss history
- 3-5 full years of carrier loss runs, currently valued
- Claims details
- Summary of what happened, when, what was paid/by whom, current status, and corrective actions taken. Or complete and submit claim supplement.
- Financials may be required
- Define the opportunity
- Who is the current carrier? Is incumbent offering renewal terms? If no, why not? If yes, why is insured marketing it? To whom is it being marketed? Are there any special concerns?
- Current and desired premium/deductible/limits
- Coverages needed and any special coverage requests
- Effective date
- Quote need-by date
- Other coverages that the insured may be interested in
- Send submission to email@example.com
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: 614.841.1425 and ask for a producer.
Westerville, OH 43081
– Tom P.
Vice President, Client Services Retail Agency
Things We’re Talking About
ADDITIONAL COVERAGES TO CONSIDER:
- Crime/Kidnap & Ransom
- Cyber/Network Security & Privacy
- Management Liability—D&O/EPL/Fiduciary
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella/Excess Liability
The coverage information outlined is a guideline only. Please refer to the actual policies for the full terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations. In the event of a conflict between this document and the actual policies, the actual policies will supersede this document.